The Boys & Girls Clubs of East Los Angeles has served over 50,000 youth since it was founded in 1950. Your support provides character development programs on a daily basis conducted by professional staff for children 5-18 years old. Without your help we risk substantial cuts to our leadership development, education & career exploration, financial literacy, health & life skills, arts, sports, fitness & recreation as well as family engagement & empowerment programs.
To inspire and enable all youth to realize their full potential as responsible, productive, healthy and caring individuals.
Our Enduring Principles:
- Our Youth Development Strategy
- CLUB A sense of Competence, Leadership, Usefulness and belonging.
- Provide a culturally sensitive place to learn and grow.
- Focus on young people and families who need us the most.
- Unique system of informal guidance.
- Ongoing relationships with caring adults.
- Commitment to Character
- Fun, interesting and diversified experiences
- Our mission of hope and opportunity
Our core program tenets:
- The Arts
- Education/Technology & Career Development
- Character & Leadership Development
- Health & Life Skills
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation
- Family Engagement & Empowerment